Gobi Manchurian is the most known dish to all Chinese food lovers. Well, its my favorite too… A bowl full of crispy Gobi Manchurian and a bottle of tomato ketchup is all I need to spend a rainy evening and enjoy it to the fullest.
I remember one such incident which can be marked as one of the most beautiful ‘Recipe’ days of my life!!
That was a beautiful cloudy evening and it was drizzling outside. I was just chatting with one of my friend who had dropped in after longtime. We were sitting in the balcony and we felt a little hungry as it was hours since we had lunch. It was too early for our dinner, and moreover we were not in a position to hold our hunger till dinner. That’s when I thought of the mouth watering Gobi Manchurian, the spicy Indo-Chinese recipe. Even though Gobi Manchurian can be made as a gravy as well as a dry dish, we decided to prepare the dry one as it was kind of a snack for us. We started to prepare the dish and the outcome was the best Gobi Manchurian I ever prepared. We literally started to dig into the bowl like rats, thanks to the hunger element inside and the dish was over before it was brought to the dining table!!
So, I guess its time for some Gobi Manchurian this time. Let me share this mouth watering dish with you… Give it a try, you wont be disappointed…
Ingredients for Gobi Manchurian:
- Cauliflower separated into florets : 500gms
- Corn Flour : 6 to 8 tablespoons
- Green chilies (minced) : 4 to 5
- Ginger paste : 1/2 tea spoon
- Garlic paste : 1/2 tea spoon
- Onion (chopped) : 1 (medium)
- Green capsicum (chopped) : 1 (medium)
- Soya sauce : 2 table spoons
- Vinegar : 2 table spoons
- Sugar : 1/4th tea spoon
- Maida : 2 to 3 table spoons
- Oil as required to deep fry
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
Gobi Manchurian Recipe:
- Firstly wash the cauliflower florets and drain them. Keep it aside for some time.
- Meanwhile, mix corn flour, Maida and add little (a pinch) salt to taste with some water make sure the mixture is thick. Then add the cauliflower florets and mix it well.
- Keep the frying pan on the flame with some oil in it to deep fry.
- When the oil is hot, put all the cauliflower florets into the oil. Deep fry till it is golden brown.
- Then remove the cauliflower florets and drain them (the best way to drain them is to put them on a tissue paper so that the paper will absorb some oil).
- Pour 2 to 3 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Put the chopped onions and green chilies into the pan and fry. But, don’t fry it more (medium fry).
- Then add soya sauce and vinegar to it. Also, add ginger garlic paste into the pan and stir it well.
- After this, add sugar as well as salt (as required) into the pan and mix it well.
- Now, you add the cauliflower florets (which were fried before) and then add Capsicum into to the pan stir it for some time.
- Make sure the capsicum is not fried completely (If the capsicum is half fried it gives a good taste).
- Gobi Manchurian is ready.
- Serve hot with Tomato and Chilly sauce.
Additional Information on Gobi Manchurian Recipe:
Serving: Serves 4
Preparation Time: 30-45 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Gobi Manchurian though originally a Chinese dish has been localized by Indian restaurants to satisfy the taste buds of those Indians who long for something spicy along with cocktails or before a big meal.
I hope this dish gives you a good feast and some very sweet ‘n’ spicy moments to cherish upon. Please leave your comments and suggestions so that the recipe can be served at its tastiest best!!